Welcome Kia!

Welcoming the Associate Director of Language & Intercultural Learning

Picture of female with short black hair, orange scarf, and purple sweater standing in front of a sidewalk

Kia Lor

On November 14th, the new Assistant Director of Language and Intercultural Learning, Kia Lor, started work at the Center for Global Studies. Here is Kia’s introduction:

Nyob zoo! Hola! Nomaskar! 你好! Hello! I’m Kia (like the car)! I’m a first-generation, bilingual, Hmong American woman who is passionate about contributing to the development of international, multicultural, and diversity in education. My role is to improve campus climate for students by initiating, developing, assessing, and managing programs and services that enhance the language learning and diversity competency skills.

I grew up in the Twin Cities of Minnesota, or as I call it, MinnSNOWta. During my undergrad years, I studied abroad in India and China where I discovered my joy of intercultural understanding. I have worked in Hong Kong and travelled extensively throughout Southeast (my motherland).

I still have a lot of learning and growing to do; I feel so privileged to grow here at Wesleyan! I hope my work at the Center for Global Studies will support everyone’s growth as well. Please stop by Fisk Hall to say Hello to me, too.